(C)2011 Production I.G, CLAMP・ST/ Project BLOOD-C TV
CLAMP and PRODUCTION IG’s 2011 collaborative animation BLOOD-C is getting a limited Blu-ray Disc Box scheduled for March 2020.
The release will feature:
◆ All 12 episodes of the TV Anime
◆ BLOOD-C The Last Dark movie
◆ Newly recorded audio commentary for the BLOOD-C The Last Dark movie
(Cast: Nana Mizuki, Kenji Nojima, Junichi Fujisaki, etc.)
◆ Original Drama CD “Natsuyoha”
◆ Original Drama CD extra edition “Okuura Homa”
◆ BLOOD-C Original Soundtrack (Music by: Naoki Sato)
◆ Movie version BLOOD-C The Last Dark Original Soundtrack (Music by: Naoki Sato)
◆ CLAMP Setting Collection
◆ CLAMP & Kazuya Kise jacket illustration
◆ Special booklet
◆ Video benefits (Non-credit OP / ED / Movie trailer / None-None Gekijou / others)
The box will be released on March 25, 2020 for a listing price of 27,000 yens. It can be pre-ordered on CD Japan and Amazon Japan.
© CLAMP・ShigatsuTsuitachi CO.,LTD.
Episode 8 is up for download at CLAMP no Kyoto Agaru Sagaru‘s official website.
This episode’s topic was BLOOD-C.
Here’s a brief summary:
- They started the show talking about how nowadays having a fax is really rare (I think we all agree with that) but Ohkawa adds that it can be/was useful for sending over storyboards (I guess for their editors).
- Then, they moved into the BLOOD-C talk, but before that, they talked about going back and forth to Tokyo (?), but I missed how that is connected with BLOOD-C. They mentioned having seen the Sengoku BASARA stage play in Tokyo (the anime version is animated by PRODUCTION IG, which is the same studio that animates BLOOD-C).
- After that, they talked about BLOOD-C THE LAST MIND, the stage play adaptation of BLOOD-C. Mostly about its cast and how they liked their performances. They also talked briefly about Mika Kikuchi (Mokona’s seiyuu) but I couldn’t understand why they brought her up in the conversation…
- Later, they moved back into the BLOOD-C talk, mostly centered on the TV Anime and movie adaptations, Tsutomu Mizushima’s storyboard, etc
- At the end of the show, they asked the lady from KBS Kyoto, Misaki Tomoko, to narrate the final instructions on how to send a message to CLAMP and join in the conversation with the official hashtag. That was really nice, she’s such a pro! xD
Since I don’t really like BLOOD-C, this episode was really boring to me… here’s hoping next week they’ll pick a real CLAMP work to talk about.
The first installment of the CLAMP FESTIVAL 2012 was held today in Tokyo. Here are a few announcements that were made at the event:
– Suga Shikao will be in charge of XXXHOLiC TV Drama’s theme song;
– The DVD and Blu-Ray of “BLOOD-C The Last Dark” will be released on February 27, 2013;
– ARIKA announced a new social game for mobile phones based on Card Captor Sakura. There will be new illustrations drawn by CLAMP for it. Here’s the promotional video for it:
There is an official site for it: http://www.arika.co.jp/sakura.
The news about Suga Shikao singing the XXXHOLiC TV Drama theme song was so expected, and I couldn’t be happier about it. This will be the 7th Suga Shikao song used for a XXXHOLiC adaptation. They should release a compilation =)
Yahoo! Japan Movies is streaming the first 8 minutes of BLOOD-C The Last Dark online. Check it out!
The movie officially opens this Saturday in Japan.
Looks good! All the Tokyo-ness!
There will be a BLOOD-C x CLAMP exhibition at the PARCO art gallery in Tokyo, Japan, from June 8 to 18.
The exhibition will cover the history of the BLOOD franchise, the world of BLOOD-C, CLAMP’s art for BLOOD-C and the other media adaptations (manga, novels etc).
Also, goods will be on sale at the BLOOD-C x CLAMP shop.
For more information, please check: http://www.parco-art.com/web/museum/exhibition.php?id=490
CLAMP Summer Fair:
To promote the release of Code Geass: Boukoku no Akito and BLOOC-C The Last Dark on theaters, Animate stores will be holding a CLAMP Summer Fair from June until August where DVDs and Blu-rays from CLAMP’s works will be on sale.
An original postcard drawn by CLAMP will be given to those who purchase an item, a total of 3 postcards will be available:
A comment by CLAMP member Nanase Ohkawa has been published in this month’s issue of Ure Pia magazine in the feature What is your last movie?.
This magazine asked from various personalities what is the last movie they would like to watch before they die, Nanase Ohkawa is one of the personalities to which this question was asked.
I’m curious to learn what she answered 😉
The magazine is already on sale.
– Next scheduled chapters (red means new):
05/02 – Young Ace #06 – Chapter 7 (on sale).
06/04 – Young Ace #07 – Chapter 8 – 1 color page.
07/04 – Young Ace #08 – Chapter 9.
Yay for 1 color page added to Chapter 8! =)
– Next scheduled chapters (red means new):
05/02 – Jump SQ #06 – Chapter 15 – 1 color page, beginning of tankoubon 4 (on sale).
06/04 – Jump SQ #07 – Chapter 16.
07/04 – Jump SQ #08 – Chapter 17.
A two-part special episode of BLOOD-C will be aired on TV a few days before the movie opens on theaters.
Part 1 will air on May 26 and Part 2 on May 30.
I believe these special episodes might be some sort of prologue to the movie, which opens on June 2.
CLAMP drew the cover illustration for the novel adaptation of BLOOD-C The Last Dark, which will be on sale on the same day as the movie opens, on June 2. The novel is written by Junichi Fujisaku (co-writer of the BLOOD-C franchise).
Lastly, there is a new trailer for the movie, check it out:
The official website for the BLOOD-C The Last Dark movie posted a new trailer for the movie. The story is set in Tokyo one year after the TV series.
The movie opens on June 2 in Japan.
Also, for those interested, the wallpaper version of CLAMP and ARIKA's April Fools' joke is already up at ARIKA's official website (although the wallpaper is not the text-cleaned version of CLAMP's illustration that we wanted).