By the way, cardcaptorkiki and cutesherry scanned the covers of Tsubasa #27 (normal, deluxe and OAD editions), you can check them here and here. Do check the deluxe edition scan since I’ll use it to theorize on Tsubasa xD
So the clones will reborn in a new life but their memories will remain. That reminds me, does Sakura still can’t remember Syaoran prior to losing her feathers? xD She realized that she was a clone by herself, so you never know how far she knows by now.
Yuuko then says that they will eventually reach “this moment” one more time (after being reborn in their new life). Aha, that is important.
Then she adds that right now, because Fei Wang broke the worlds’ logic, time is not running in a single line, and instead, we have past and future intertwined. And the decisions made in the present reflect on both past and future. That is important as well.
The clones will be reborn, but they will once more meet their original selves (Real!Syaoran and Real!Sakura) and when that happens, they will make another decision.
Finally, Yuuko tells them that they will be reborn in the same world, same dimension and same time, so that they will surely meet. Then we have some lovely and well-deserved moment between Sakura and Syaoran where she finally says she loves him. Awww.
Now, speculations time.
This chapter made me more and more convinced that the clones are real!Syaoran’s parents, also known as the Sakura and Syaoran who were on the tube and are now fighting against Fei Wang. I first mentioned this possibility a couple of chapter ago, and now I’m more confident about it. Why? For several reasons.
– The clones will reborn in a new dimension and will definitely meet each other again. Their memories will remain.
– They will live “this moment” again. And here I think that “this moment” doesn’t necessarily means that conversation with Yuuko, but rather the battle with Fei Wang that is happening at the same time of that conversation. They, as “clones”, haven’t experienced that moment yet, but they will in their new life. Remember, past, future and present are connected.
– In their new lives, they will meet their other selves once again. Their other selves are real!Syaoran and real!Sakura, who are there in the battlefield with Fei Wang. They’ll make a decision when that meeting happens, that part I think it hasn’t happened yet.
– It would explain why Jr. look exactly like his father (because his father was cloned after him).
– 2 chapters ago Yuuko tells Fei Wang that Clow gave his powers (or part of them) to papa!Syaoran, who uses Clow’s magic to protect everyone from Fei Wang. In the previous chapter Yuuko tells the clone that Clow left his powers (or part of them) to him.
– When the clone “dies”, we see a sparkling piece which later turns out to be Fye’s eye. In the deluxe cover, mama!Sakura is holding a very similar piece (which may not be Fye’s eye, just another piece xD)
– It would explain how Seishirou met real!Syaoran father (because he met the clone during the time he was in Clow).
– When they appeared at the battlefield, Mokona asked why they look looked exactly like Sakura and Syaoran, even down to their clothes (and we know CLAMP is serious when it comes to clothes).
– That would mean the Syaoran and Sakura from the opening scene of the manga are the main characters of the manga and also the people who “saved the day” at the end of all. I mean, isn’t it MUCH better to have a familiar Syaoran and Sakura in the opening scene rather than a brand new pair that never appeared before?
phew… I hope that’s convincing enough o.o In all honesty, there isn’t much time for CLAMP to show “this moment” that Yuuko talks about happening again, or showing the clones meeting their original selves again in their new lives, BECAUSE THAT IS ALREADY HAPPENING! =D They are already experiencing “this moment” and they already met their original selves, that saves pages when we have 150 pages left to finish your story xD
I am well aware of the huge paradox that comes with the clone being real!Syaoran’s parent. It’s a loop, and like any other loop, there isn’t an answer of what came first. One was born for and from the other.
I’ve never been so sure about something in Tsubasa as I am with this! 8D And it’s all thanks to jlarinda, who considered that theory first, I just read it and saw some potential.