DISCLAIMER: This Twitter Space session happened live on Tsubaki Nekoi’s official Twitter account and recordings were not made available anywhere after the transmission was over. The information available here was gathered in a collaborative effort from multiple reports and impressions from fans from all over the world who took notes as the session was happening live. Please be aware that this report may contain inaccuracies and is subject to corrections.
- They had a textile designer joining them, Riku Hozumi (Twitter/Instagram).
- CLAMP asked about where her “CLAMP experience” started. She answered watching the Magic Knight Rayearth anime and then reading the manga and watching the anime of Card Captor Sakura. She said she likes the many sides (lit. many colours) it can be seen on CLAMP works. The many sides of people.
- Ohkawa-sensei asked her favourite CLAMP work laughing that it must a question hard to answer when talking directly with the creators. Her favourite CLAMP work is XXXHOLiC. Because she thinks is a story filled with a lot of knowledge.
- They asked the designer about her work, how she became a designer (whats advices would she give to people starting out), she even got to say/promote her designs online store.
- Ohkawa-sensei: “When we were drawig HiGH & LOW, Exile Hiro [the producer] was supervising every piece of it so it was really hard. (…) In order to keep the world image of the series they were really exigent.”
- Mokona-sensei: “Because we usually draw cats and cute little stuff.”
- Ohkawa-sensei: “But they were asking why we draw this or that. We didn’t understand why some stuff were okay and other weren’t.”
- Talk about Gouhou Drug/Drug & Drop and its many jewelry and accessories.
- Ohkawa-sensei: “We like jewelry and such, so it is not an influence of HiGH & LOW that we included in Drug & Drop“.
A huge thank you to Claudio for providing skillful real-time translations.
Let’s keep this a collaborative effort! If you found mistakes or if you think you can contribute with more information, please contact me.