DISCLAIMER: This CLAMP Space session happened live on their official Twitter account and recordings were not made available anywhere after the transmission was over. The information available here was gathered in a collaborative effort from multiple reports and impressions from fans from all over the world who took notes as the session was happening live. Please be aware that this report may contain inaccuracies and is subject to corrections.
- They started saying that they would be holding another CLAMPSpace on Saturday to talk about Animal Crossing and share the dream code so players can visit Satsuki Igarashi-sensei’s island.
- Mokona-sensei was absent.
- Enomoto Atsuko, the voice actress for Misaki Suzuhara in ANGELIC LAYER, joined in the discussion. They talked about Vanguard since she voiced a character in the previous anime series.
- They announced that they would be requesting fans to join them to participate with their microphone on.
- The first fan came on and they chatted, but there are no notes from that talk (I missed this part of the talk).
- The second fan came on and CLAMP started asking her a few questions.
- Question from CLAMP to the fan: What was the first CLAMP work that you came in contact with?
Answer: Magic Knight Rayearth.
- Question from CLAMP to the fan: Anime or manga?
Answer: she was in elementary school so she doesn’t remember.
- Question from CLAMP to the fan: At which point was the story at?
Answer: She doesn’t remember that either, but she remembers the appendix that came in Nakayoshi magazine with Rayearth’s trump cards.
Ohkawa-sensei that Nekoi-sensei drew all 42 cards of the deck. They mentioned that none of them four have the deck today.
- Question from CLAMP to the fan: Have you been watching other CLAMP works since then?
Answer: “Of course, I’ve been watching a lot of CLAMP works…!”
- Question from CLAMP to the fan: What are your most important works or works that interest you?
Answer: “I like CLOVER!”
- Question from CLAMP to the fan: Considering your age, have you seen the movie version of CLOVER?
Answer: “Yes, I have.”
- Question from CLAMP to the fan: How old were you at that time?
At this point, Igarashi-sensei interrupted them, saying “Don’t ask her about her age”.
- Question from CLAMP to the fan: When you were a child, were you okay with the gloomy atmosphere of the movie CLOVER?
Answer: “I read CLOVER before watching the movie, so I was fine with it. I was rather happy to see it in animation!”
- Question from CLAMP to the fan: What is your favorite CLAMP work?
Answer: “It’s X!”
- Question from CLAMP to the fan: Who is your favorite character in X?
Answer: “I can’t choose just one…! Subaru and Kamui-chan…!“
Ohkawa-sensei: “That’s two, pick one!”
Answer: “Then… Kamui…!”
- Question from CLAMP to the fan: How did you feel when Kamui appeared in Tsubasa?
The fan replied that she was really happy because it had been several years since X was on hiatus and it was the first time she was seeing Kamui in a long time.
- Question from CLAMP to the fan: Which character do you like the most in all of CLAMP’s works?
Answer: “It’s Suu from CLOVER!”
- Next, the fan asked started asking questions to CLAMP.
- Fan question: Are you planning on doing another CLAMP Festival in the future?
Ohkawa-sensei: “Yes, by all means! Actually, we were planning to do it. But we couldn’t do it at all because of the coronavirus pandemic.”
Ohkawa-sensei adds that they had been planning it for the past two years and it would involve Kodansha, Kadokawa, Shueisha and other companies, but they had to cancel it. She said they are planning another one, though they are not sure yet when it will happen. She also said that they want to stream it so that even people who cannot attend to the venue are able to participate.
Ohkawa-sensei assured that there will be a next CLAMP Festival and she added that CLAMP is an entity that stands by for what they say.
- After that, they were joined by Kurogane and Ioryogi’s voice actor, Inada Tetsu.
- Inada Tetsu already knew about Tsubasa before he auditioned for the role of Kurogane because he had read Tsubasa in Shonen Magazine.
- Ohkawa-sensei mentioned that Daisuke Namikawa (Fye’s voice actor) was chosen to voice Ginsei in Kobato. on purpose.
Let’s keep this a collaborative effort! If you found mistakes or if you think you can contribute with more information, please contact me.