Japanese RAWs available here!
I know this was out more than 2 weeks ago, but I couldn’t post earlier due to holidays (again) and I didn’t want to skip this great chapter.
DISCLAIMER: If you enjoyed reading this story, please support CLAMP by purchasing the original or licensed material available in your country.
– Here it is, the color page we all were waiting for. I daresay this is my favorite color page so far from TWC. I like the peacocks!
– At first I thought this chapter would be mostly “wasted” with action scenes, but I was wrong…
– I love how Syaoran is always too busy worrying with the real serious stuff to care about Fye and Mokona teasing Kurogane. He is the most responsible of them 4, lol.
– Mokona feeling weird in its stomach… not good. Could it be something in that water?
– Sitting inside the abandoned, creepy shack is, of course, Kujaku! (who else would be in such a mysterious place?) I recently re-read RG Veda and I wondered why we haven’t seen Kujaku in Tsubasa. It was about time for him to make an appearance. Obviously he is mysterious and powerful so that not even Fye or Syaoran could sense his presence. Kujaku was Ohkawa’s favorite character in RG Veda. That says a lot about him.
– So this place they are in is a place between one Nirai Kanai and the other, and Kujaku is some sort of tax collector that lets you cross between both ways if you pay the right price. Syaoran calls the other Nirai Kanai “world of the dead” and Kujaku agrees with such definition… Humm.
– So obviously Kujaku knows all about these 4 poor characters. Above Kujaku are only Yuuko, Clow and Sakura Kinomoto haha. The other 4 are feeling SUSPICIOUS towards him.
– Interesting how Kurogane knows about the Sanzu River, a typical Japanese legend, while Fye knows about the Lethe River, from Greek mythology (closer to Celes’ culture).
– I love how Kujaku refers to Fye as “child”. fufufu~
– And I love, LOVE the XXXHOLiC crossover here with the good fortune coins. When I read that arc in XXXHOLiC Rei, it looked random and a bit pointless, but now I can fully acknowledge the greatness behind it. Kujaku is soooo into those coins! I like how something that may be almost worthless in one world can be seem as something of great value in another world. I am looking forward to see how the other gifts given by Watanuki will take their part in the story.
– They leave to the other Nirai Kanai and Kujaku stays. I hope Kujaku will appear again =(
– On the other side (or as they call, on the “inside”), Syaoran sees a beautiful place but he seems to be the only one seeing that and the others seem like they just entered on the alternative world of Silent Hill. Obviously I don’t know WTF is going on…
– I daresay this was my favorite chapter so far of TWC. I’m curious to know what the others are seeing! And please bring Kujaku back!
– 34 pages this month (163 pages so far for volume 1). I think this chapter closes volume 1, but I’m not completely sure.