2005 was indeed a CLAMPy year, many things happened through all the year and I did a retrospective with the biggest events. They were based on my LJ posts so forgive me if I forgot anything.
– Kobato started to be serialized, although the 1st chapter came on December, it was mostly noticed in January.
– CLAMP members started to live separated, working at the same studio but living each one of them in their own house, for the first time.
– The exposition CLAMP四（Su） started it’s first season by the end of January, a huge event celebrating their 15th anniversary in a japanese museum. There were original goodies, events, new pics, movie exhibition, sign sessions, talk shows etc.
– On February a CLAMP member injured her hand during the move and that made Tsubasa and XXXHOLiC serialization very slow during the first part of this month, with lots of sequential breaks.
– Also on this month, the manga for CCS (new version) had it’s last volume published. The new version was bigger in size than the usual one and it had the original color pages.
– Tsubasa Vol. 9 was released.
– CLAMP No Lumiere, a CLAMP scanlation site created by flowright, iamsocool12345 and I, debuted with the series like Murikuri and Kobato. The site had an amazing feedback and it’s currently “fainted” since months… but not dead. We will get back to it soon, I wish it muchly.
– CLAMP passed for some bad times during this month, their health was a bit shaken during a time due to a cold winter in Japan.
– The fandom also shook with a Preview of Tsubasa anime due to next month. The expectations were high.
– X “celebrated” it’s 2 years of hiatus and on a CLAMP Su Talk Show about the X movie, Ohkawa-sensei told the X fans that “We’ll definitely carry X on to the end, so please wait a bit longer.”
– Album+DVD set CLAMPAZAR, celebrating CLAMP’s 15th anniversary was released.
– CLAMP completed 16 years as professional manga writers.
– The 1st season of Card Captor Sakura anime (re-broadcast) ended at NHK to give place to Tsubasa’s anime. The second season is coming back in February, 2006.
– The anime of Tsubasa started in April. The 1st episode made the big majority of the fandom very satisfied with it, but the series lost a bit of good reviews as the series went on, due mainly because of staff matters. However, halfway through the end, the series regained the interest of it’s followers at the same time as the quality of the anime improved greatly.
– The second season for the CLAMP Su exposition has decided to start on July on a different museum, as the first season ended.
– Announcement of a Tsubasa Movie in the works.
– The first teaser for the movie of XXXHOLiC has been released.
– Tsubasa Vol. 10 and XXXHOLiC Vol. 6 were released.
– The Awful Truth behind X’s hiatus has surfaced the occidental fandom: Kadokawa doesn’t accept X’s newest chapters because of it’s strong/violent content.
– A new artbook for X as well as a new version for the already released X Zero was, surprisingly, announced.
– The 2nd and 3rd seasons of the Tsubasa anime was announced.
– The Official Trailer for the Tsubasa and XXXHOLiC movies were released.
– The fandom was shaken again by CLAMP’s appearance on japanese TV talk show Top Runner, for the first time in history.
– The last chapter of Kobato was published on Sunday GX. Since then the series remains on hold and it has yet to be converted into tankohon.
– CLAMP auctioned signed drawings of XXXHOLiC and Tsubasa on the japanese site Yahoo Auctions, the final amount of money gained on the auction was around 21 thousand dollars. The money was destined for charity.
– Last edition of magazine CLAMP No Kiseki was published, honoring CLAMP’s 15th anniversary.
– The XXXHOLiC and Tsubasa movies were released on japanese theaters.
– CLAMP-NET has been redesigned.
– CLAMP rarities surfed on the net, among them an old CLAMP one-shot, Koi wa Tenka no Mawarimono, and the very rare Tokyo Babylon Live Action.
– XXXHOLiC TV Series was announced.
– CLAMP-PLA.NET site opens, but it’s restricted for CLAMP@MOBILE users. CLAMP stops posting at their ALBUM section of their official site to post on this new site.
– Tsubasa Vol. 10 and XXXHOLiC Vol. 7 were released.
– Kobato has been put out of the HEADLINE NEWS Section on CLAMP’s official site.
– The X artbooks were released. Surprisingly there was no new Tarot card on Infinity.
– Tsubasa and XXXHOLiC movies DVDs were announced to be on sale on February 25th, 2006.
– Tsubasa chapter 100 is published, being the second biggest series of CLAMP, only behind X… today.
– Ohkawa-sensei will be doing the series composition of XXXHOLiC anime. The series is due to start on April at TBS japanese channel.
– The rarest of all CLAMP videos, CLOVER, became available to the occidental fandom (although it had originally appeared by the end of November on the site of the original video owner).
– CLAMP appeared as guests on Tsubasa webradio show Puri Sute.
– The 1st Tsubasa CD Drama was released.
As for 2006, we can expect some great things as well, Sei-chan from posted a great list of what-to-look-forward-to here ^_^
Last but not least:
HAPPY NEW YEAR ! ^__^