Chinese scanlations available here or here!
DISCLAIMER: If you enjoyed reading this story, please support CLAMP by purchasing the original or licensed material available in your country.
– My prediction for this month’s color page (Tachibana and Kurogane) was wrong because there was no color page at all this month… maybe next month?
– Sakura fans can rest assured now, CLAMP has given you a treat (I’m talking to you, Sakura84-chan). She looks so mature and worried =/
– So Nirai Kanai has both the living and the dead, and Syaoran is the only one who can see the “dark” side of the island. Could it be because he has been in the underworld before? Or whatever that place was where Watanuki was at as well.
– They go inside the the cave thing and in the water… when the get out it’s a completely different, scary place. This reminded me of Silent Hill.
– A monster was waiting for their arrival…! Am I the only one who thinks this is going too slow?
– 33 pages this month (129 pages so far for volume 1). I give another 2 chapters (with 20-ish pages each) before volume 1 is completed.
Hi, I just wanted to ask whether if you would like me to inform you once the TWC translations are out like I did on FB. I don’t mind either way, but I wouldn’t want to spam you if you prefer to check whether the translations are out on your own. 🙂
That is super kind! I don’t mind you notifying me at all (I even appreciate it, actually!) I usually find it on tumblr but if you want to notify me on FB, I would be very thankful as well!
Ah, I normally go by Tumblr as well. But since it could be difficult to private message you on Tumblr (especially with issues they have currently), we can go by FB or whatever else you’re comfortable with. But do let me know if you’re no longer interested in me informing you and I’ll stop! 🙂
Absolutely not! You are the kindest! Thank you for the great job you’ve been doing with the translations =)
Oh and just in reply to what you mentioned, the actual text to where Syaoran and Watanuki were trapped in was ‘Yomi’ 黄泉 if I’m not mistaken (I heard it has similar meaning in both Chinese and Japanese?). All in all it was a very interesting take in the story about Nirai Kanai being the place where the living and the dead exists alongside mutually. The possibilities of expanding the story from this is almost endless!
Super thanks for explaining this! 😉
Lots of action this month, as expected from a shonen!
That said, I understand what you mean with “Am I the only one who thinks this is going too slow?”: this kind of action filled chapter is alright with a weekly series, but when you wait an entire month and end up flipping through all the pages at high speed from the lack of dialogue due to all the fighting, it indeed feels like we read nothing at all ^^; I suspect you would have felt better about it if you had the entire volume in hand and that was just a scene to pass through, which in the long run is what we will do I guess?
Meanwhile, a little bored this month, but we are getting a color page for chapter 5, and you prediction of getting a Tachibana and Kurogane artwork might still just come true!
Completely random thought I had with this chapter: this is my first time seeing them in a scene when they fall in water, + battle underwater; really nothing important and not especially noteworthy but it just occurred to me haha~
Thanks for posting the chapter!
LikeLiked by 1 person
I just checked and you’re right: there will be a color page next month! And also information regarding volume 1, at last!
Yeah, the reading experience will be definitely better when reading the complete tankoubon.
Thank you for sharing your thoughts! =)
You know me very well, ahahahah 😛
Well I was very happy to see Sakura herself, she’s taking really seriously all the training as a priestess… I see her more mature just like you said, almost wistful. It goes without saying that the weight of everything that happened in TRC shows clearly in her attitude…
You’re not the only one thinking the pace is a little bit too slow, but I’m sure it’s like Cutesherry said!
LikeLiked by 1 person
C’mon, it’s not hard to predict that you would be happy =P
Yeah, she looks so mature, so serious! But this was expected, after all! She’s doing the best she can and not just lazying around xD