Chinese scanlations available here!
English translations (from the Chinese scanlations).
DISCLAIMER: If you enjoyed reading this story, please support CLAMP by purchasing the original or licensed material available in your country.
– Nice to have a new, unannounced color page, and featuring Hana! It’s kinda rare Tsubasa color pages featuring characters outside of the main cast. At first, however, I thought the coloring was done by the Chinese scanlation team. The coloring looks rather… bland? Yes, this was a criticism.
– I wonder if we’ll be getting at least one color page each month. That would be neat. There is also a color page planned for the next chapter.
– Are they referring to Hana as “hime” (princess) in the original Japanese version? Since Hana is genderless, I wonder how “she” will be presented in Tsubasa.
– The scene with the Sakura flower -> just a reminder to all readers that there is another very important princess somewhere else.
– It’s interesting when you see the parallels between Kurogane and Tachibana, and Fye and Sakura. Although their personalities are similar, I find it strange that in Tsubasa I like Fye more than I like Kurogane but in GATE 7, I like Tachibana more than I like Sakura. That feels odd seeing how CLAMP see them as having similar personalities.
– Syaoran dreams about clone!Syaoran. Here we go again…
– Do I see a Shonen Magazine with Kurogane’s muse, Primera, on the cover?
– Fye doesn’t like pickles. Yes, I remember why I like Fye now.
– My friend Sakura-chan pointed out that the two beasts are probably a reference of the Okinawan mythology Shisa. You might all remember how CLAMP traveled to Okinawa earlier this year (or was it last year?), so I do support this theory, also.
– What is it that Syaoran sees? Seems like a weird dark-looking tree? But the sky looks weird too. Maybe Nirai Kanai isn’t such an ideal village after all?
– 34 pages this month (72 pages so far for volume 1), not much development in this chapter. And call me picky but I thought the art didn’t look that good in this chapter.
So you did read my post on Tumblr 🙂 I was soooo happy to see the Shisa reference there, with the sunny warm weather and all I can safely say that Clamp took inspiration from Okinawa for Nirai Kanai!! If I am correct they visited Okinawa just after I came back home, or just before I went there, because I remember I’ve bitten my nails -.-
Yes I did 😉 I wante d to like you post but for some strange reason, I couldn’t.
Oh noes, you missed them by a bit!
Dreams tend to take great significance in the works of Clamp, so it probably means that Syaoran will have a chance to grant his wish soon.
As awful as it sounds, removing Sakura seems to have helped the storyline flow faster. I’ve always detested the helpless Sakura here, no matter how she “redeemed” herself in the last volume of TRC–because I adored the plucky little Sakura of CCS. Of course it’s too early to tell, but I hope CLAMP don’t drop the ball on this one–or heaven forfend, cancel it like the other series 😦
You think the flow is faster? I think it’s slower ^^” but I don’t think Sakura has anything to do with it being slow or fast.
Still no word on the Japanese raws? I really, really want to read them. I can’t read Chinese and though I gave up and read the first chapter in English, there are no English scanlations yet, so I do not want to read in such a broken manner…
I haven’t seen Japanese raws around =/ I don’t know what’s going on. I guess people are afraid to share japanese raws since the Japanese law became more severe for those sharing scans.