The BLOOD-C TV Anime started its broadcast today in Japan. The first episode script was written in partnership between Nanase Ohkawa and Junichi Fujisaku. I believe all episodes will be written by the duo (and likely the movie script as well).
My first impressions are (spoilers ahead):
– I think Saya’s character is weird… is she genki? Is she dark? Somehow her genkiness doesn’t really fit in the “BLOOD” franchise to me. I never watched the other BLOOD works but I know it’s dark stuff. Maybe I’ll get used later xD
– That singing scene was completely random and unnecessary (the worst thing is that I think this was Ohkawa’s idea, I can so see her composing the lyrics. She is not Kobato, Ohkawa! xD)
– In fact, Saya’s “kindness” really annoys me, she can’t get on time for class because she is always doing good deeds on her way to school? C’mon… xD
– Animation quality was OK. It was watchable for me. (Much) Better than the XXXHOLiC anime, at least. Still don’t think PRODUCTION IG is good enough for CLAMP (or maybe they don’t want to be).
– The OP is very cool but it was a big mistake to choose that type and color for the credits. Also the episode title (dark red in black background? WTH!).
– It’s interesting to watch a CLAMP anime without really knowing what’s going to happen next =) It’s an unusual and exciting experience!