Here’s one last (?) round up of reports from the CLAMP@MOBiLE Fes! 2011 event I was able to gather from several sources.
– The XXXHOLiC OAD screening was cut after 30 minutes or so and the message “continues on the DVD out March 9” was shown.
– “XXXHOLiC Rou” is over, for the time being.
– Ohkawa asked the other CLAMP members how they felt regarding XXXHOLiC ending. Mokona said she’s “relieved” (as in, after running a huge marathon), Satsuki and Nekoi said they want to reread it because for the moment they are a little confused about it.
– OAD Director Tsutomu Mizushima wanted to come to the event but was unable to.
– CLAMP asked the audience who was the main character in XXXHOLiC: Yuuko or Watanuki. CLAMP thinks it’s Watanuki, Tsutomu Mizushima thinks it’s Yuuko.
– They don’t think Doumeki is “ikemen“, same as they don’t think Watanuki is “bishounen“.
– When the last chapter of “Rou” was finished, they celebrated drinking until morning even though they had to work on the following day.
– They mentioned the episode in France where CLAMP were asked about the lack of kissing scenes in their works. The kiss between Hana and Chikahito was a response to that.
– Hana’s gender was also discussed. The majority of the audience thinks she is a girl, but there were also those who thought her as genderless. CLAMP didn’t said anything, though.
– For GATE 7 color illustrations, first they draw and paint the characters using analog instruments. Then they scan the picture and background and other effects (flowers) are added using CG. You can check this more clearly on the picture of GATE 7’s gallery in CLAMP-NET.COM’s report below.
– CLAMP said that they want to do more events of this nature and art exhibitions in the future.
CLAMP-NET.COM posted their report up here with a few (very small) pics.