The two-day event CLAMP@MOBiLE Fes! 2011 took place in Ikebukuro (Tokyo) this weekend, on the second day, the XXXHOLiC Rou Adayume OAD had its first screening and a CLAMP Talk Show was held. There are several reports spread around the internet from the people who managed to go.
Here is a summary of the highlights of both days (mild XXXHOLiC manga and OAD spoilers alert).
– Looks like a Yuuko Blythe doll was announced (not sure if it’ll be released in the future);
– Apart from original color art and manuscript, GATE 7 character settings were exposed;
– GATE 7 color illustrations are a mix of analog and digital drawing techniques. CG is used for final touches (as I thought);
– XXXHOLiC Rou Adayume OAD’s length is 20 minutes (Update: this source says 30 minutes or more).
– Looks like the OAD ends in a cliffhanger…
CLAMP Talk Show:
– The final chapter of XXXHOLiC manga readers will feel either “surprised” or “relieved”;
– XXXHOLiC artbook announcement;
– The editors of Jump SQ joined as guests to talk about GATE 7;
– CLAMP are not used to draw GATE 7 yet (because it’s a new work);
– The most difficult one seems to be Chikahito. Hana is the easiest;
– Code Geass talk. CLAMP’s original concepts for Boukoku no Akito were shown.
Here are some pictures taken from various sources around the web and twitter (click to enlarge them):
In the pictures above, you can see flowers sent by Sunrise (Code Geass animation studio) and Bandai Visual (the distributor of the majority of CLAMPs anime works).
Nice to have the XXXHOLiC artbook finally announcement!
CLAMP-NET.COM just announced that an official report of CLAMP@MOBiLE Fes! 2011 will be posted on the website soon!