– Yuuko doesn’t look nearly as god damn sexy in a swimsuit as she does in the manga xDDDD
– Neko Musume already came wearing the hat that Yuuko gave to her in the manga. There are some significant changes in this episode since you all know the water Watanuki draws from the well is for the Tokyo country in Tsubasa, but since the XXXHOLiC anime has no links with Tsubasa’s, this arc demanded some adjustments. In the manga Neko Musume was feeling hot and Yuuko gave her a cooling hat in exchange of taking Watanuki to the well. Here, Neko Musume came to Yuuko’s shop (wearing the hat already) asking to remove the water from the well. She gave Yuuko an egg as price (which will play a significant part later in Himawari’s arc).
– Too bad we don’t see much of Neko Musume acting like a cat (no playing with Yuuko’s hair?).
– Do we have a new soundtrack here? Sounds cool.
– Oh, the woman at the window looks creepy…
– Watanuki makes the promise with Himawari, the promise that plays a significant part in this episode and will play an even bigger part in the series’ climax…
– Even Yuuko went to the house, followed by Production IG’s horrible fashion taste, of course.
– And then, we found out the reason why Neko Musume asked to draw the water out of the well: to rescue the corpse of a baby cat. How sad and cute ^^
– God, Mokona is so annoying… I wanna kill that thing xDDD
Overall I liked this episode a lot. It’s so great to be back at the manga’s storyline, I really don’t enjoy original episodes. The script changes were well-managed, the egg had to find its way to Yuuko even though the Tsubasa links are omitted in the anime. Everything was tied nicely.
Neko Musume doesn’t behave much like a cat unless when she’s sitting, which is a pity. I don’t think we’ll be seeing her again in the anime, so while I really like her in the manga, in the anime her participation didn’t catch much my attention.
That was a nice episode, much better than the previous one in my opinion, and the preview from the next one looks very nice.