Del Rey, the publisher of Tsubasa and XXXHOLiC in the United States, announced in this year’s San Diego ComicCon that they’ll be releasing a completely original CLAMP fan guide covering their 20 years of history emphasizing their popularity and influences in the United States.
The NEWS BOARD section of CLAMP-NET.COM has the japanese press release.
Entitled CLAMP IN AMERICA, the guide will be a single but voluminous book containing the following material:
– CLAMP’s road from doujinshi creators to international superstar manga artists.
– Detailed explanation of works from RG Veda to Tsubasa.
– Backstage information on CLAMP’s working process.
– CLAMP’s role in the United States as successful manga artists and how that influences their marketing.
– CLAMP’s business with United States publishers (Tokyopop, Viz, Del Rey Manga and Dark Horse).
– CLAMP’s visit to the United States in 2006.
– Interview with CLAMP conceived in the United States.
– Interviews with editors and people who have worked with CLAMP.
– 300 full color illustrations (according to gia).
The book will be written by Shannon Gariti and is scheduled for 2009, to coincide with CLAMP’s 20th Anniversary.
That is fantastic news! A full guide covering CLAMP’s history, all in english, I’m so buying this book! This is the first of the many other products and events related to their 20th Anniversary that is about to come.
No need to say that I am very, very excited about this xD More infomation as they come, as always =)