– Lots of sakura petals in this episode, very CLAMPy.
– Ah, so the scene with Watanuki mocking Doumeki for wearing a girl’s kimono when he was a kid is there. I should have known Ohkawa wouldn’t cut it.
– More sakura petals. Feels like Seishirou is gonna pop up at anytime.
– Oh, do we have a Himawari flashback here, with her grandma?
– Ah, and here we the scene that was cut from the previous episode with Yuuko asking Watanuki why he likes Himawari so much.
– Kohane-chan appears! I really like Kohane’s theme, a piano with flute ballad, it sounds mystical and ancient, very pretty. But it’s not a new song, it was played for the first time at the end of episode 4.
– Her mother doesn’t look very pretty, her eyes look somehow very small, and she looks skinny too.
– Watanuki’s right eye going Doumeki. I wish it could stay like this permanently, it looks cooler xD
– Kohane looks completely dry, except for a few raindrops here and there, even though she’s been under the rain. What a mistake.
– Her voice. We can hear her voice properly in this scene. It’s a very matured voice, for a girl with Kohane’s age, and that’s the way it should be. Her voice kind of lacks emotion or happiness, it’s perfect.
– A little lack of emotion there when Watanuki tells her to return the umbrella when they meet again. Kohane should have gotten really surprised here but her face looked very plain instead.
– There Kohane goes all dry towards her bedroom xD
I think this episode had the worst animation so far for “Kei”. The characters’ proportions looked longer than usual, and I swear to you that seeing Kohane by her back reminded me of Fye’s past, if you know what I mean. Overall I think this episode lacked in details and that the staff should have put more effort in the animation. Watanuki still remains the best animated and the most natural character, the others just seem flat. I wish Ohkawa and Mizushima would team up for a single episode.
At least so far the anime has been extremely faithful to the manga, which is another positive point. I wonder when the first changes will begin.
Next episode, the mahjong one. I’m a little worried about how they’ll manage to convert 16 pages of manga in 20 minutes, it sounds too little pages for too much time, but we’ll see xD