A bit more than a month after the XXXHOLiC◆Kei event took place at LOFT/PLUS ONE, formally known as XXXHOLiC◆Kei Previous Evening Festival, the website CLAMP-PLA.NET brings their report of the event (most likely the last one for this event).
I was long awaiting for it, you can check it after the cut.
I won’t be making a full translation of this report because my poor japanese knowledge and lack of available time don’t allow me to xD However, I did manage to capture the highlights, which were:
– Some girls came wearing Kimonos and carrying Mokona plushes.
– Original menu was based on XXXHOLiC: Ayakashi cocktail, strawberry sherbet, boy’s right eye (chocolate desert), and the sakes Ishitaya and Hidden Moon (Mugetsu).
– Tickets for the event sold out in one hour.
– The event lasted for 3 and a half hours (a bit more than planned).
– In Part 1 they reviewed Season 1: scenes showing Watanuki weird movements, sexy Yuuko and Kimihiro pleasant companions (this last one introducing the ayakashi that are “friends” with Watanuki).
– When the subject of Kazahaya and Rikuou of Gouhou Drug came up, the audience cheered a “Kyaa”.
– Director Mizushima spoke about the possibility of another appearance of Kazahaya and Rikuou.
– In Part 2 guests Daishirou Tanimura and Yoshiki Sakurai (scriptwriters) came on stage. The contents of the talk can’t be revealed in the report due to its secrecy.
– Two more guests came on stage but the report doesn’t say who because it’s also a secret (they were Sayaka Ohara and Mika Kikuchi as can be checked in Yoshiyuki’s report.).
– Jun Fukuyama, Kazuya Nakai and Shizuka Itou (seiyuus of Watanuki, Doumeki and Himawari) sent messages by e-mail and those were read by the secret guests at the event.
– When the subject of Haruka was introduced, the audience cheered again. Ohkawa asked “Why is Haruka this popular?”, Mizushima thinks it’s because he looks bright and has a soft way of speaking.
– Concept materials of XXXHOLiC◆Kei were screen-projected.
– Tomoyuki Sagawa of BMG Japan was invited to join the stage when the Opening and Ending Themes were introduced.
– Suga Shikao rewrote the lyrics of NOBODY KNOWS after he read the original manga.
– Suga Shikao and SEAMO also sent messages.
– Director Mizushima had a hard time to synchronize Mokona’s steps with the ending song’s rhythm.
Yay for Gouhou Drug crossover! So they really talked about it. The report left open the possibility that Kazahaya and Rikuou might appear again in the new season. I hope it’s true, I’d say it’s true but they just can’t tell that in the report ^^