– Cute Maru/Moro narration ^-^
– Animation looks weird in the beginning…
– The reduced form of Kuda Kitsune looks extraordinarily thin.
– Yuuko’s pink shawl looks horrendous, she wasn’t wearing that in the manga.
– I don’t like the smoke effect, the manga one had much more style.
– SPIDER LADY!!!! *-* She looks and sounds AMAZING! She actually looks like a spider, and that leg crossing à la Sharon Stone, oh my xD
– Nice shot of both Watanuki’s eyes.
– What is Ame Warashi doing in here?
– Spider Lady never uses “kanojo” (means “she/her” in japanese) to refer to Zashiki Warashi. She always refers to her as this or that “child”. Ohkawa picks her words very carefully, I’m very convinced now that Zashiki Warashi really isn’t a girl. She does call her “princess” when Watanuki rescues her, though.
– Do we have a PRODUCTION IG crossover in here? The robots Maru and Moro are playing with are called Tachikoma and they are originally from Ghost in The Shell. Their shape looks like a spider, I think the producers thought it would be suitable to include these here…
– I don’t like Zashiki Warashi’s hair being blue xD
– The eye doesn’t look pink? Thank god! In the preview of episode 2, it had a pink glow. I’m so glad they changed it, it looks so much better like this, with the ying-yang.
– Why both of Watanuki’s eyes are blue in the next episode preview? Will they fix it like they did with half of Doumeki’s eye? Well, we didn’t see his eyes looking different until the color pages of volume 11 (both of them were blue in the color pages of volume 9 and 10 even though he had swallowed half of Doumeki’s eye by the end of volume 8).
In spite of Spider Lady (Jorougumo, whatever), who looked absolutely fantastic, this episode left me a little disappointed. The animation was very unstable, and this was one of the most-anticipated episodes. Even Watanuki looked sometimes off, and he’s always looking great. It wasn’t a bad episode overall, far from that, but for the climax of this arc I think they could have done better.
That doesn’t apply to Spider Lady, though, like I said before, she looked and sounded just perfect, I’m very happy and satisfied her role was well-presented. When is she appearing again? ;____; I realized even more of how much I love her after watching this episode xD
I also missed the stylish backgrounds, seems like they weren’t really there in this episode.
Ohkawa is in charge of the next one, I can hardly wait!